Tuesday, July 21, 2009

For Doctors

I just got back from a seminar this weekend that focused on my public speaking skills. I've attended this once before, but thought I could use a refresher on these skills. What I received was a "big picture" experience. I usually have a hard time with the big picture. I would love to have a step by step plan of success written out to follow. This would seem much more efficient for me. However, there is nothing that would work like that. The truth is that what works for one, just won't work for the other in a step-by-step manner. This is why we need to get the big picture. So, there are two big things that I am reminded of from this weekend. Firstly, commit! I need to whole heartedly commit to chiropractic, commit to the people of my community and commit to myself; to be the best I can be. That's scary and hard for me. This doesn't mean I've been doing a bad job, just not fully committed. Secondly, I'm reminded of a phrase that says, "they won't care how much you know until they know how much you care." I like to think my patients know that I care about them, but do I fully foster that relationship and am I being 100% with that patient each time I see them? Am I helping my staff to do the same thing? Do I go out to the community and look for educational opportunities just so I can help more folks? Sadly, I'm not completely there yet. I will be though!

No comments: